Weekend Walk-Up.

My sister shares songs with me on treatment days that are inspirational and meaningful and usually quite moving.  She knows how to get inside my heart and head and help me feel ready for treatment.

I thought maybe I would share some of this good music with you on weekends, just so you can be inspired too.  These are songs that go on my playlist and provide feel good music on days when I need picked up.  They are great for people in many situations, not just mine, so you're welcome to add them to your personal playlist too!


So I'm starting with "Strong" by Anne Wilson for my first Weekend Walk-up Song.  I'm calling it a Weekend Walk-Up Song because I'm thinking of it like the music that plays for a baseball player as he walks up to the plate that gets the crowd excited, and in turn gets him pumped up for his at-bat and hopefully gets him ready to hit a home run.  Well, likewise....I'm putting it on the playlist this weekend before my treatment, and hoping it gets you, my "fans" excited, and in turn gets me ready to "hit a home run" at my treatment on Monday (although this week's treatment is on Wednesday, not Monday).

My sister and my cousin saw Anne Wilson at Alive! music festival last weekend and shared her inspirational artist story with me.  She's just a young musician, but lost her brother in a car accident, and felt moved to sing for the first time ever at his funeral.  From that time on, she has become a touring artist and now has top-selling albums and concerts in Christian music.  She has a beautiful voice, and her message is even more beautiful.  I hope you enjoy this song, and if you do, you might listen to her other music too!

signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy-of-Three v2.0: Rebooted.

A Treatment Plan

Not A Lot of Giddy-Up