Practice.

It was radiation simulation day today.  

Radiation "practice", if you will.

Today, I met the radiation oncologist at Cleveland Clinic Mercy as well as the staff, and learned how hard it would be to lay on the radiation table.

Today, I learned that my bone scan showed areas that were "very bright" meaning tumors that are very active in my spine and my hips, indicating that they will likely respond well to radiation.

Today, I cried from laying flat on a cold hard table. Again.  This was CT #5?

Today, I got 4 "tattoos" that I didn't want- one on each hip, one below my belly button, and one below my sternum. These will help line me up exactly for radiation.  First radiation appointment is Tuesday afternoon.

Today, my pain was better than yesterday.

Today, I unloaded and reloaded my dishwasher.

Today, I ate macaroni and cheese. And later, half a cheesesteak sandwich.

Today, I drank 2 full water bottles.

Today, I got 4 cards in the mail from friends I haven't heard from in a very long time. 💗

Today, I got advice from 2 aunts who have shared experiences similar to mine.

Today was a better day.

Today was day 32.
signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy-of-Three v2.0: Rebooted.

A Treatment Plan

Not A Lot of Giddy-Up