GOATS and Floats

I took a couple of days off from blogging.  I've been bouncing between two very different extremes here- extremely tired or extremely busy.

Extremely tired and completely snoozed on the couch or in bed.  In fact, you would have found me in bed at 6:30pm on Wednesday night.  That's early, even for a girl who loves her horizontal time.  Simply didn't feel like moving.  I was a completely empty tank, refuel light flashing for the past 50 miles, and not a gas station in sight.  Bathroom break? Overwhelmiing. Sitting up to sip some water? Oh heck no. Brush my hair? Nah. How about some lotion? Hard pass.  I had little appetite, was eating mostly popsicles (Thank you Costco for my melon, mango, and coconut popsicles!!), and had little interest in doing anything other than napping.

To the opposite extreme- extremely busy.  The past two days have been a whirlwind of activity that I have been more than excited to be a part of!  Before my diagnosis, I started planning a surprise party for Kennedy's 21st and Jason's 50th birthdays, aptly called the GOATs and Floats party (Floats, because it's a pool party and we got all kinds of fun inflatables, and GOATS because Jason and his legendary crew are GOATs - GREATEST OF ALL TIMES!).  (Yes, I made these invites myself....I think they pretty much rock!)




Once I got diagnosed, it became clear that pulling off this party would require a lot of help at our house, so I had to let the cat out of the bag to Jason and Kennedy.  Jason has been busy getting the yard and pool party-ready over the past couple weeks. And my kids have been working to get the inside of our house ready for a party.  We have waited on the weather and my treatments to officially call the party "ON".  There were moments of frustration that left me tearful, crying, upset, sad, mad, or the rest of the ugly emotions.  But overall the good emotions have won.  At the literal last minute, Friday night and Saturday morning, we called, texted, and facebook messaged people to let the know- the party was a GO!

This week, there was so much shopping and food preparations to be done, and I was excited to get out of the house and go shopping!!!  And do some cooking!!!  And some cleaning!!  (Don't worry - I will delete this part where I talk about being excited about cleaning....I can't have any record of that in any archival history of my life!). Does anyone else get excited about new bed sheets?  

But the most exciting part is the entertaining!!!  Having my sister in town for a few days and spending time with her!!  Having friends over to our house to enjoy a day of fun!!  Seeing so many people smiling and laughing!!  Seeing my kids having such a good time with family and friends!























I end this week Knowing that where there's a will, there's a way.  Knowing that I have a whole bunch of people who will show up and get stuff done when I need help the most.

And finally, I end this week knowing that Cancer couldn't take away this fun day from me, my family and my friends.  On this day, we laughed at cancer and said WE win!!  

This was day 27.

signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy-of-Three v2.0: Rebooted.

A Treatment Plan

Not A Lot of Giddy-Up