Friday, January 25, 2013
Posted by Jennifer Norch at 11:15 AM
Monday, December 31, 2012
Wow! This place still exists?!?! I have a blog and you actually still visit me here?! It's been such a looonnng time...welcome back, my friend!
No better time than the new year to renew my "relationship" with my blog. I spent the past few months (from September to December) catching up. Catching up on my sleep, catching up with my friends, catching up on some "me" time. I mean, now that the kids are in school, what else do I have to do with all my free time? I mean, besides working a more "normal" schedule with fewer nights on call at the hospital, actually doing my hair and makeup more often, meeting friends for lunches that do not involve chicken nuggets and chocolate milk, and actually being able to breeze in and out of a grocery store in under 30 minutes?!?!
So....since there was a nice long break from the blog, I thought I might share some of my favorite pictures from 2012. Some of the fun times we had, fun places we visited, and favorite smiles from the year.
My original intent was to pick one picture from each month. But as you can see, I'm not very good at narrowing down my choices. A few months were just too darn fun, and required choosing more than one picture.
And in case you're interested in some details from the pictures (going from left to right and top to bottom)...
1. January- Dillon won "Most Original Car" in the pinewood derby, and turned SEVEN!
2. February- These kids + Valentine's Day = too cute!
3. March- Kennedy "Rockin Out" for an 80's day at school!
4. April- Sydney turned FIVE!!
5. May- My Baseball MVP!
6. June- Sunny days on the boat with cousins
7. June- Silly string party on the last day of school
8. June- Jason and I visited Ravenwood Castle with some friends for a surprise vow renewal
9. July- kids camped at Camp Wakonda again this year
10. July- Fireworks on the lake!
11. July- Kennedy turned NINE!!
12. July- Swimming and camping with cousins!
13. July- Family Reunion!
14 and 15. August- Mudathalon...my first (and messiest) 5K!
16. August- celebrated Papa's birthday with family
17. August- I'm going to kindergarten! Meet the teacher night
18. August- First day of Kindergarten, Second, and Fourth Grade!
19. September- Soccer star Sydney- top goal scorer on her team!
20. September- Labor day on the boat...some nice weather before fall!
21. October- Jason and I traveled to Gulf Coast Florida for Kris and Joanna's wedding
22. October- Sarasota is so beautiful!
23. November- time to get ready for Christmas...even the dogs!!
24. December- Christmas is our favorite time of year!!
Anyways, speaking of pictures...I'm doing a "Project 365" this year. Not really sure if it's a commitment I'm capable of keeping because it could be a small detail that gets lost in my day-to-day, but it's something that's been on my bucket list for quite a few years, so I'm gonna give it a try this year. Here's the link...I'm going to try to post a picture a day there, so it's a peek through my viewfinder and into my life. Follow along if you're interested!
Hope to see more of you this year! Here's to a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!
Posted by Jennifer Norch at 2:11 PM
Monday, June 11, 2012
My boy likes Angry Birds. Not just a little. A lot.
So it was not a tough decision when we (and by "we" I mean "me and Sydney") were pondering how to decorate Dillon's bathroom.
Nope. Not tough at all once we found this fabulous shower curtain on sale at Target!!
Or cute washcloth set...
The decals? Also at Target (though I can't find them at Target online) and Amazon...
And all the little figurines are from an Angry Birds game...
The whole makeover cost maybe $75 including paint. But this expression of pure surprise? PRICELESS!
Yep, pleased as punch at his bathroom makeover!! It's a hit amongst Dillon and his crew! Now EVERYONE wants to use the "Birds" bathroom!
Posted by Jennifer Norch at 8:03 PM